It feels almost too late, since 2016 is now well underway, but it’s now or never! Here’s a look back at what I got up to in 2015.
- In January I graduated from Kingston University with a Masters in Journalism and found out I won the MA Journalism Prize. It was a lovely day in and around the Rose Theatre and it was nice to get dressed up and celebrate.
- I got a cat who I’ve totally fallen in love with!
- A sunny and relaxing trip to Tenerife, including a splash-happy trip to Siam Park and a dolphin-filled boat trip.
- And a wonderful trip to Vienna, a city I loved, with two great friends.
- We celebrated my dad’s 50th birthday with a lovely family party and meal out.
- I went to loads of gigs including McBusted, S Club 7, Paloma Faith, Caro Emerald, Boyzone, Kaiser Chiefs, Josh Groban, 2Cellos and Gareth Malone’s Voices.
- While comedy included the likes of Josh Widdicombe and Christian O’Connell at Stand Up For Shelter, James Acaster and Michael McIntyre.
- And I saw several great musicals: The Commitments, Jersey Boys on tour, Sweeney Todd, Sunny Afternoon, and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
- Though I usually prefer musicals, three fantastic plays I saw were The Vote, The Ruling Class starring James McAvoy and The Elephant Man starring Bradley Cooper.
- Fun London activities that stand out were a trip up The Shard for birthday drinks, the awesome FriendsFest, and late night events at London Zoo and the Natural History Museum.
- And I went to two great Proms at the Royal Albert Hall, both featuring the John Wilson Orchestra.