I’ve lived in London for three years now and I love being near so many places of interest and activities.
In reality though I work in Surrey so it’s not as simple as it might be to get out and about in London. But weekends and evenings certainly still have a sense of possibility (and I do get to a lot of concerts and shows).
I’ve decided to create a bucket list of everything in London I’d love to do that I never have so I can start work on it this year.
- See the Crystal Palace dinosaurs
- See a play at the Open Air Theatre in Regent’s Park
- Tour the Houses of Parliament
- Enjoy some jazz at Ronnie Scotts
- Go ice skating at the Natural History Museum at Christmas
- Picnic on Hampstead Heath
- Climb Primrose Hill
- London Wetland Centre in Barnes
- See inside the Old Bailey
- London Transport Museum
- Climb the Monument and cross Tower Bridge’s glass floor
- Explore more than just the foyer of the British Library
- Go boating in Hyde Park
- Visit the Wellcome Collection
EDIT: Additions from my dad:
- Greenwich (observatory/Old Naval College/park)
- ArcelorMittal Orbit slide
Let me know any amazing, lesser known ideas I might not have done either!
Here are some fun London things I’ve done recently: